CHPL is already functioning as a multi-specialty hospital with 250 beds and is now planning an expansion of its services towards super specialties and tertiary care. For this purpose construction of additional buildings is going on and will be completed in few months’ time. Proposed new facilities and departments are
1) Medical and Surgical Cardiology and Vascular care. Well-equipped Cathlab facilities will facilitate electro physiological procedures.
2) Department of Physical Medicine with state of the art world class rehab center.
3) Nephrology department providing both acute and chronic care in a comprehensive way.
4) Full-fledged Oncology department.
5) Department of Geriatric Medicine with emphasis on homecare medical attention.
6) Research facilities will be offered to young and dynamic professionals in any field of medicine.
7) Comprehensive medical care to the tribal people in and around Thodupuzha covering all corners of Idukki district.
8) Department of Public Health – To study and deal with environmental issues relating to the public health
9) To establish medical and paramedical institutions. CHPL has an already functioning Nursing school training GNM’s.
10) To plan and provide a healthy environment for the employees of CHPL which includes their accommodation and healthy living condition.